Race to the rescue with this collection of four wooden emergency vehicles! Sturdy wooden construction and moving parts on each vehicle means the ambulance, rescue helicopter, police car, and fire engine will stand up to endless of hours of hands-on play. Wooden emergency worker play figures fit into each of the vehicles and can also be removed for additional imaginative play opportunities.
Shop by Brands
- Letoy Van
Thames & Kosmos
- Three Detectives
- RC Engineering
- Pepper Mint
- Ooze Labs
- Nature Discovery
- Kids First
- I Dig It
- Human Biology
- Geek & Co - Sci
- Fun Science
- Exploration Series
- Engineering Makerspace
- Cars & Construction
- Crystals & Materials
- Alternative Energy
Melissa & Doug
- Arts & Crafts
- Babies & Toddlers
- Children Tables, Chairs & Chest
- Active Play and Outdoor
- Plushes & Puppets
9285 Emergency Vehicle Set 2+
- Set of four sturdy wooden 5-inch emergency vehicles
- Includes an ambulance, helicopter, police car, and fire engine and 4 play figures
- Wheels and helicopter blades spin
- Play figures fit into the driver and pilot seats and can also stand independently
- Encourages hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills; promotes imaginative play
- Product: 3" x 5" x 18" Packaged 2.2 lbs
- Package: 14.5" H x 5.5" W x 4.25" L
Have kids identify each emergency vehicle. Ask him or her to name the community helpers and describe what they do.
Have kids line up all of the play figures on a flat surface, then roll the vehicles toward them one at a time. Challenge kids to get the vehicles as close as possible to the play figures without knocking them over!
Have kids balance the helicopter on the back of the ambulance or fire truck; how far can they push it before the helicopter falls off?
Have kids count the wheels on one vehicle. When they are able to independently count four wheels, ask them to count the wheels on two vehicles. Repeat this activity until kids can count how many wheels there are on the three rolling vehicles.
Encourage kids to tell a story with one or more of the vehicles and play figures. For example: The police officer rushes to an emergency and discovers a fire at the scene, so he calls his friend the fireman to help!